Syntasa, a leader in using big data processing, AI/ML, and cloud computing to understand digital behavior, is seeking a self-motivated, collaborative, and intellectually curious account director to grow our public sector business and deliver a variety of solutions to our customers. This role requires a high level of leadership, proactively moving actions forward, problem solving, communication, and collaboration.
We offer a casual, collaborative, remote working environment for individuals who take pride in working to improve public outcomes with cutting-edge technologies, learning by doing, and pushing the field forward. You’ll collaborate with a passionate team and work with industry leaders in applying AI/ML to big data.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer related activities
- Build and nurture trusted, long-lasting customer relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Take accountability and provide leadership to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions that meet (or exceed) customer needs
- Clearly communicate the progress of customer initiatives and demonstrate value to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new and existing clients to meet targets
- Collaborate with key partner(s) and peers in finance, marketing, service delivery, project management, and technology.
- Coordinate meetings with new stakeholders or customers, create sales presentations, and draft proposals to proactively move opportunities forward
- Forecast key account metrics (e.g. customer renewals, revenue growth, and customer satisfaction), compare to targets, and prepare periodic reports on account status
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions aligned to customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and influence, key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to manage multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Preference given for work experience in a relevant role working with public sector customers with a focus on state and local governments.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Experience with and desire to further knowledge around technical concepts in big data, data science, AI/ML, and digital technologies
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a track record of self-directed learning, adapting quickly to solve problems, and take initiative and accountability to get things done.
- Experience with opportunity management, sales forecasting, and CRM software
- Bachelor’s degree, or similar work experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience