SYNTASA™ is looking for an Insight Engineer who has demonstrated ability to unlock our data’s power by finding innovative ways to analyze, organize, integrate, and visualize information to solve business problems in marketing and customer analytics domains. Join our team of leading machine learning researchers, software architects and developers who are building the next generation of sales, marketing and customers analytics platform. We leverage proven streaming, machine learning, visualization, and big data technologies to process massive amounts of data resulting in actionable intelligence that improves acquisition, conversion, and retention. This provides a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing team in a fast-paced and evolving environment that delivers business impacts from data driven recommendations.
The Insights Engineer works in close collaboration with internal teams to generate new insights and actions for the organization through a combination of data exploration, visualization, and data analysis. This is an ample opportunity for someone who enjoys building powerful data visualization tools, detailed quantitative analysis, and creative collaboration on larger strategic questions.
As an Insight Engineer, you will:
- Partner closely with other researchers and data scientists to analyze various types of data and visualize it in new, accessible, and powerful ways.
- Take ownership of existing dashboards and data tools with an eye for improving those resources to facilitate self-service analytics.
- Work with large sets of data to build data pipelines and analytics for executive and company-wide reporting.
- Create highly intuitive, visual dashboards with a focus on high business impact.
- Run ad hoc analyses to answer specific day-to-day questions or support larger initiatives.
- Integrate data across multiple data sources (Survey, Social, On-Service, and more) to tell cohesive data stories
- Partner with other Analytics teams when applicable.
You must have:
- Strong SQL experience and experience manipulating and analyzing complex data and using advanced SQL
- Familiarity with big data tools such as Spark, BigQuery, Presto is preferred
- Robust experience with visualization software, including viz development, complex dashboard actions, and optimizations.
- 2-3+ years of hands-on experience in data visualization and building dashboards in production environment on large datasets using tools such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, Dash etc
- Advanced analytical abilities, with the ability to define appropriate KPIs/metrics and experience delivering actionable insights for a variety of business problems
- Familiarity with building multi-step data pipelines and scheduling them in workflows (Do we also want them to know how to build data pipelines that are scalable and easy to digest? The scalable part will be important when the data under a dashboard get large. The “easy to digest” component will be important when working in a team, as well as when we need something built for a demo)
- Familiarity using R and Python for data manipulation and forecasting. Experience with D3, matplotlib and other charting libraries is highly desirable
- Passion for technology and an interest in staying up to date on the state of the art in data visualization
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work within a dynamic environment and confidence to present findings back to the business.
- MS/BS degree in a technical field preferred (Statistics, Mathematics, CS, Econometrics or related field)